Welcome to the Mountain Conditions Report page. Here you will find information on accessing current mountain conditions and route information supplied by trained and certified professional ACMG members.
- The purpose of the Mountain Conditions Reports is to assist recreational outdoorspeople in making reasonable, informed decisions in the field
- The information provided in the Mountain Conditions Report consists of field observations in specific mountain areas from trained and certified ACMG members who have recently traveled to those areas
- To access these observations, visit www.mountainconditions.com
- To download the mobile app (currently for iOS platforms only) visit: MCR iOS App
- All reports are prepared and submitted on a volunteer basis by ACMG members who are committed to our mandate of protecting the public interest
- The ACMG provides administrative support; Arc’teryx provides technical support
- Feedback and comments on the MCR are welcome. Contact the ACMG Executive Director at email@example.com
Disclaimer - Using the MCR
Conditions will differ greatly over time and space; due to the variable nature of mountain weather and terrain you should expect and look for signs that things are worse or perhaps better than indicated in the reports presented here. In some cases conditions will change very quickly (in a matter or minutes or hours). It’s also possible to find significant variation over relatively small distances (sometimes just a few metres). Do not use the information provided by the Mountain Conditions Report as the sole factor in planning trips or making decisions in the field. Above all, stay within your limits and use common sense.
Climbing and mountaineering are dangerous. It is impossible to eliminate all risks. The information provided by the Mountain Conditions Report alone is no guarantee that safety will be increased. Ensure you have adequate training and experience before attempting any objective.
Reports and synopses of the Mountain Conditions Report are not verified. Observations and opinions presented here are those of the person who submitted them. The ACMG and its members take no responsibility for errors, omissions, or for lapses in continuity that may exist in the information.
The ACMG does not share, rent or sell any member or third-party identity or contact information to anyone for any reason.