If you cannot find the information you need on this site, contact one of the below.
ACMG/TRU Training and Certification:
Canmore, AB Canada T1W 2V1
ph: (403) 678-2885
Purpose of the ACMG Public Site:
- Provide information about the ACMG, its objectives, governance and public accountability process.
- Provide information and application procedures for the ACMG/TRU Training and Certification Programs to members and prospective candidates.
- Promote the ACMG and the hiring of certified guides/instructors by providing an overview of the ACMG, the certification process, and information on contacting guides.
- Provide online resources, such as Mountain Conditions Reports, news, reference lists, for both the public and the membership.
- To you
- We are interested in linking to sites of specific educational interest to our membership or site visitors. As a general rule we do not link to commercial sites unless they contain relevant educational or instructional content. Contact the webmaster.
- To us
- You bet! If you wish to link your site to ours, please link to the following URL, http://www.acmg.ca. Do not 'frame' ACMG pages in your site.
- The ACMG name and logos are for the use of the ACMG, its members in good standing and its corporate sponsors..
- The site design, layout and content is Copyright ©. Unless otherwise stated, all material is the property of the ACMG and the authors.
- No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without the expressed permission of the ACMG.
- If you operate an IFMGA member country site or an educational/non-commercial site and wish to use specific content please contact the webmaster.
Scholarships and Grants
Members of the public are welcome to donate money to the ACMG. Perhaps you would like to give something back to the professional Association of a favourite guide because you had a wonderful experience under that guide’s care. Perhaps you wish to assist aspiring guides in the name of a guide who tragically passed away. Or maybe you are simply interested in supporting the professional body that has developed and maintained such high standards of safety and service within the mountain community. Whatever your reason, know that all donations are gratefully accepted and very much appreciated.
Below is a list of funds, any of which you may target with your donation.
Cheques may be made out to the Association of Canadian Mountain Guides and sent to the main office at:
Canada T1W 2V1
Important note: Although the ACMG is a non-profit organization, it is not a registered charity. Therefore we are unable to issue tax receipts.
Funds Available for Public Donations:
- Ken Jones Development Fund – supports technical projects undertaken by the ACMG.
- ACMG Centennial Scholarship Fund – assists promising aspirant guides to achieve full certification.
- ACMG Niccy Code Scholarship Fund – assists promising female aspirant guides to achieve full certification.
- ACMG Brian Ebert Scholarship Fund –assists promising aspirant guides who live and work on the West Coast of Canada.
- ACMG D’Arcy McRae Memorial Scholarship – assists promising aspirant guides who live and work in the Kootenay region of British Columbia.
- Karl Nagy Memorial Scholarship – assists aspiring amateur Alpine Club of Canada leaders and aspirant ACMG guides to develop their leadership and people skills.
- Hans Gmoser Fund - assists the ACMG in developing materials that promote the Association to the rest of the world.
- Simon Parboosingh Guide Assistance Fund - assists guides who have been injured and are unable to work.
For more information on these funds, or if you wish to establish a fund in memory of an ACMG member, please contact the ACMG Executive Director at email@example.com. We thank you for your consideration.
|The following made a significant contribution to the copy and layout of the site:|
|Scott Davis||Kimanda Jarzebiak||Peter Tucker|
|Linda Heywood||Janet Miller||Tom Wolfe|
|We would like to thank all those that contributed photos:|
|Aaron Beardmore||Kirsten Knechtel||Rob Owens|
|Marc Bourdon||Andrew Langsford||Marc Piché|
|Ryan Brown||Marc Ledwidge||Nick Rapaich|
|Lorraine B||Kirk Mauthner||Chris Ruttan|
|Rob Coates||Rod McGowan||Heidi von Schoening|
|Dwayne Congdon||Grant Meekins||Nigel St. Louis|
|Marco Delesalle||Janet Miller||Jordy Shepherd|
|Scott Flavelle||Chris Miller||Murray Toft|
|Arlene Flock||Lilla Molnar||Brian Webster|
|Greg Golovach||Rob Orvig||Jeff Zukiwsky|
|If you see a photo of yours here and we did not give you credit please contact the webmaster.|
|Site Design etc:|