Members of the public are welcome to donate money to the ACMG. Perhaps you would like to give something back to the professional Association of a favourite guide because you had a wonderful experience under that guide’s care. Perhaps you wish to assist aspiring guides in the name of a guide who tragically passed away. Or maybe you are simply interested in supporting the professional body that has developed and maintained such high standards of safety and service within the mountain community. Whatever your reason, know that all donations are gratefully accepted and very much appreciated.
Below is a list of funds, any of which you may target with your donation.
Cheques may be made out to the Association of Canadian Mountain Guides and sent to the main office at:
Canada T1W 2V1
Important note: Although the ACMG is a non-profit organization, it is not a registered charity. Therefore we are unable to issue tax receipts.
Funds Available for Public Donations:
- Ken Jones Development Fund – supports technical projects undertaken by the ACMG.
- ACMG Centennial Scholarship Fund – assists promising aspirant guides to achieve full certification.
- ACMG Niccy Code Scholarship Fund – assists promising female aspirant guides to achieve full certification.
- ACMG Brian Ebert Scholarship Fund –assists promising aspirant guides who live and work on the West Coast of Canada.
- ACMG D’Arcy McRae Memorial Scholarship – assists promising aspirant guides who live and work in the Kootenay region of British Columbia.
- Karl Nagy Memorial Scholarship – assists aspiring amateur Alpine Club of Canada leaders and aspirant ACMG guides to develop their leadership and people skills.
- Hans Gmoser Fund - assists the ACMG in developing materials that promote the Association to the rest of the world.
- Simon Parboosingh Guide Assistance Fund - assists guides who have been injured and are unable to work.
For more information on these funds, or if you wish to establish a fund in memory of an ACMG member, please contact the ACMG Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank you for your consideration.